Salads get a bad reputation for being bland, boring, and all-around uninspiring. If you’re tired of salads that don’t stack up to expectations, get ready for one that will: this Roasted Chickpea and Avocado Salad! Filled with nutritious ingredients and topped with a delicious lemon and olive oil-based dressing, this is one salad you won’t only enjoy throwing together but will look forward to eating.
• 5 oz mixed greens
• 1 large cucumber, diced
• 10 oz cherry tomato, halved
• 1 avocado, diced
• 30 oz chickpeas, 2 cans, drained and rinsed
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
• 1 ½ teaspoons garlic salt
• 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
• 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
• ½ teaspoon salt
• ½ teaspoon black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the chickpeas, olive oil, paprika, and garlic salt.
3. Spread the chickpeas onto a baking sheet in one layer. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until the chickpeas are crisp.
4. Dice the cucumber and add to a large bowl. Toss in the mixed greens, cucumber, tomatoes, avocado, roasted chickpeas, extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper, and mix until well combined.
5. Divide between individual bowls and serve.
There’s nothing like expanding your meal plan with a new recipe! Firewheel Town Village Apartments in Garland, Texas is proud to introduce you to new meal ideas that will keep your family and friends coming back for more.